How to tie a bow tie
A stylish bow tie adds a distinguished finish to your eveningwear look. This is an accessory that indisputably commands respect when tied successfully and mastering the art of tying a perfect bow is a skill that every dapper gentleman should know.
- STEP 1 – Drape the bow around your neck and make a simple knot with both ends, allowing the end on your right to extend about one inch lower than the end on your left side.
- STEP 2 – Lift the right end out of the way, fold the left end into a bow shape and position it onto the first knot that you created.
- STEP 3 – Drop the right end vertically over the folded left end.
- STEP 4 - Double the right end back onto itself and position it over the knot so the two folded ends make a cross.
- STEP 5 – Pass the folded right end under and behind the left side of the knot and through the loop behind the folded left end.
- STEP 6 – Finally tighten the knot you have now created, straightening out any creases particularly in the narrow part of the centre until the bow tie looks even and symmetrical.